Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day 2008

Happy Mothers Day Mummy. Ruby and I were woken at 8.00am this morning to a full english breakfast in bed and a cup of tea, she was already in bed with Mummy as she had climbed in at about 4.30am. I was presented with a beautiful card written by Ruby and a box of chocolates (Ruby thinks the card is hers though and would only let Mummy have a look), I did have to explain to her though that the chocolates were definetely mine and that she could have only one. What a wonderful start to any day. My beautiful husband got up this morning and was working hard in the kitchen whipping up a storm and storm it was. We decided to go for a walk around the block (which is 4 kms by the way) and Ruby was going to ride her bike. We set off and Ruby decided that she was going to check out all the mailboxes on the way just in case there was mail for our neighbours. She is getting so good on her bike now that we hardly have to hold the handle on the back of it, she peddles away like crazy and steers where she wants to go. The only problem is our uneven ground around here and today only brought one spill from her bike so that wasn't too bad. We stopped in on Tania, Scott and the kids (our neighbours) on our way back for a coffee. Ruby enjoyed playing with the older kids and doing some drawing and sticking with them. They are wonderful with her which is so nice to see. The rest of the day will be spent relaxing, doing a crossword or two and enjoying what is left of my day. This is my second Mothers Day with our beautiful little girl from China and I love her more and more every day (she is the light of my life), things just couldn't be any better.

I would like to wish all the mothers out there a very very happy Mothers Day 2008. May everyone's be as good as mine.

1 comment:

Jen Boote said...

What a joy to read your post Wendy. Sounds like you're having the Mother's Day you've dreamed of. Enjoy and know I'm thinking of you as I enjoy mine :)
love
Jen